Zion Apostolic Temple, INC, was established 46 years ago in 1960 as Temple of Holiness. under the patronage of the late Evangelist Thelma McDaniel. In February, 1965, Evangelist McDaniel moved to California and the late District Elder Isaac Parker was called to pastor the church, located at 3113 Edgewood in South Dallas. The church property was purchased from Mrs. L. McMillan of McMillan Real Estate.
The church's vision continued to grow under the leadership of District Elder Isaac Parker. After pastoring faithfully for 6 years and 4 months, District Elder Isaac Parker was called home to be with the Lord on June 24, 1971. As God led the church to seek for a new pastor, the wife of the late District Elder Isaac Parker, Evangelist Mary A. Parker was installed as Temple of Holiness third pastor on August 24, 1971.
The Temple of Holiness church continued to be empowered and growth continued to be envisioned. The congregation paid off their existing property and additional land was purchased on Edgewood Street in South Dallas. In April 1974, there was a severe storm and half of the roof was blown off and the building had to be demolished.
Through the leadership of the Lord, Pastor Mary Parker and congregation began to worship with another church, Pastor Zenora Thomas, on Randolph Street in Oak Cliff Texas. In September, 1978, Pastor Mary Parker was led to move the church to a small building on Harding Street in South Dallas. In spite of the many hurdles, storms, and obstacles, God's power never ceased to hold the Temple of Holiness Church together.
On December 16, 1981, the church name, Temple of Holiness was changed to Zion Apostolic Temple. As the church continued to move under its new name, Pastor Mary Parker felt led of the Lord to appoint Elder Leon Parker as Assistant Pastor in 1983. He served as assistant for two years. On August 31, 1985 Pastor Mary Parker turned Zion Apostolic Temple over to her son, Elder Leon Parker.
Over the next few years, the church faced many obstacles, which caused us to worship in various locations, but the Lord was still with us:
- Our first move was to a larger facility located at 1341 Dryden in Oak Cliff in 1985.
- In 1988 we worshiped at 1143 S. Hampton.
- In October 1990, we temporary worshipped in the home of our Pastor and First Lady.
- In the beginning of 1991, we were blessed to begin worshipping at the YMCA on Bonnieview Road for Sunday Service.
- With the leading of the Lord, our Pastor, District Elder Leon Parker led a growing congregation to a Pizza Hut building located at 2745 S. Westmoreland in September 1991. The Lord continued to bless the church, and the building as remodeled.
- In 1995, as God began to expand our Pastor's vision, we relocated once again to 3104 Gibbs Williams Road.
- The Zion Apostolic Temple Church family has truly echoed the song "We've Come This Far by Faith", and again in July 2002, the church relocated to its current location 3940 Blue Ridge. Our Church now seats over 500 people with an Annex building located across from the main church building. Along with the growing of our church, our Pastor, District Elder Leon Parker was elevated to Suffagan Bishop. We give God the glory for our continued growth, founding members, and Pastor with a "Vision".